Cialis vs Viagra
It s a topic many people find difficult or embarrassing to discuss, but it shouldn t be. Erectile dysfunction will affect at least half of all men over the age of 40 at some point in their lives. Erectile dysfunction can present itself due to physical or emotional issues and a quick chat with your doctor to rule out health issues that may cause problems with erection could have you back to your old self in no time. This medication is not for everyone and certain health conditions may mean that medications like Viagra and Cialis are not an option but it is a safe and effective route for many.
If you re having problems with erectile dysfunction, several medications exist which could have you achieving and sustaining erection for longer periods. Cialis and Viagra are both PDE5 inhibitors used for the treatment of erectile dysfunction (ED). These medications only work when a man is aroused sexually to begin with and are not intended to provide arousal. Each medication has its pros and cons and choosing the right one for you can be relatively easy once you understand what they have to offer.
How do they work?
A penile erection usually occurs after sexual stimulation when nitric oxide (NO) is released into the bloodstream. This causes the blood vessels of the corpus cavernosum to dilate due to the accumulation of cyclic guanosine monophosphate (cGMP). cGMP is always present at some levels in the smooth muscles of the penis, but the addition of the nitric oxide causes this chemical level to increase. Phospodiesterase-5(PDE5) is later released to reduce the overall level of cGMP and allows the muscle to return to its relaxed form.
Medications such as Cialis and Viagra work by preventing PDE5 inhibitors from working. This allows cGMP to remain in the muscle for a longer period, resulting in more erection time. While many people believe these medications actually cause an erection, they don t. These medications, instead, interfere with a chemical reaction which prevents the erection from happening. Those using medications such as Viagra and Cialis are able to achieve erections and maintain them for longer periods, improving their overall erection strength and time without the need for surgery or assistive devices.
Which one works better?
While both drugs effectively treat the same issue, no two drugs are alike even when they are designed to treat the same issue. These factors may help you decide which one would work best for you.
- Cialis can be taken once daily and will last about 36 hours.
- Cialis is not affected by food intake.
- Viagra lasts for approximately 4 to 5 hours.
- Viagra may be affected by food which can cause decreases in effectiveness.
- Cialis is given in a smaller dosage and is also effective for treatment of benign prostatic hyperplasia (BPH).
- Those suffering from liver or kidney problems may have to take a reduced dosage of Cialis.
- Viagra has a reduced risk of interactions.
- Viagra and Cialis are both available in generic forms at this time.
- Cialis works within 16 to 45 minutes.
- Viagra works within 30 minutes but should not be taken immediately following a high fat meal or its effects may be lessened. It is best to take this medication on an empty stomach.
- Both medications have similar effectiveness with reports of 84% successful treatment with Viagra and 81% effectiveness for Cialis.
Cialis and Viagra come in several strengths. As with most medication, you ll want to try the lowest dose available first and adjust the dosage to a higher level only if necessary. While these drugs are well tolerated by most men, higher doses may result in unwanted side effects and a larger dose may not be necessary to achieve strong erections.
- Cialis may be taken on a daily basis or as needed. People will generally start with a dose of 10mg before sexual activity but a Cialis 20mg dose is the standard. Dosages may be reduced to as low as 5mg if negative side effects are experienced.
- When used on a daily basis, Cialis is generally prescribed at an initial dosage of 2.5 mg or 5mg for those with BPH.
- Viagra is taken about 1 hour prior to sexual activity on an as needed basis.
- Initial Viagra doses are usually prescribed at 50mg but may be increased to 100mg or decreased to 25mg if side effects are experienced.
Where to buy Viagra in Australia
These medications are widely available in store and online but our online pharmacy has some of the lowest prices on Viagra! Shopping with us is as easy as it is convenient and you ll get what you need at a reasonable and affordable price.
Where to buy Cialis?
Our website is a great place to buy cheap Cialis. We have attractive prices that make treating erectile dysfunction affordable and accessible to those who need it. Purchasing your medication through us online is an easy, convenient, and economical option.
Who shouldn't use Viagra and Cialis
As with any medication, certain people should not use Viagra or Cialis. The long lasting action of Cialis means it creates a higher risk of drug interactions. Check with your pharmacist before taking this, or any new medication, to be sure your other medications are safe for use with it or if any drug dosages need to be adjusted.
- Cialis is not recommended for those who have experienced a stroke or a heart attack in the past 6 months.
- Cialis is not recommended for anyone experiencing uncontrolled high blood pressure, or unstable angina. It is also not recommended for anyone who blood pressure that is severely low.
- Cialis may be unsuitable for those who have other medical conditions which make sexual activity inadvisable.
- Viagra should also not be taken by those who have recently suffered a stroke or heart attack, with uncontrolled blood pressure, low blood pressure, or other heart or vascular problems.
- Certain medications may not mix well with Cialis and Viagra. Talk to your doctor or pharmacist before taking any new medication to avoid serious drug interactions.
Viagra, Cialis, Levitra and Spedra - How Are They Different?
Viagra, Cialis, Levitra and Spedra are some of the most common drugs used to treat erectile dysfunction. While many people may be embarrassed to talk about male impotence or erectile dysfunction, this is a relatively common problem which may affect up to half of men over the age of 40. Most men will experience erectile dysfunction at some point in their life, either temporarily or for longer periods of time, either as a response to physical or emotional issues. These drugs belong to a class known as PDE 5 inhibitors and are used to treat erectile dysfunction caused by both emotional and physical factors. All of these medications can help to produce a sustained erection in men as a response to sexual stimulation and arousal.
- Also known as sildenafil is the most common drug used to treat erectile dysfunction across the world. Over 45% of all medications prescribed for this issue are sildenafil or Viagra.
- This medication is a blue diamond-shaped pill with the tablet strength in mg on one side and the letters VGR on the other.
- This medication relaxes the smooth muscle which can be negatively affected by the nervous system s production of nitrous oxide and cyclic guanosine monophosphate. Viagra for men relaxes this smooth muscle by controlling these chemical levels, increases the blood flow to the penis, thereby creating a stronger erection which lasts longer.
- Potential side effects can include indigestion, headache, or dizziness but Viagra in Australia is the most popular choice due to overall low rates of intolerance.
- Viagra works best on an empty stomach as high fat foods may reduce its effectiveness.
- Viagra is available in 25, 50 or 100mg tablets.
- Cialis is also known as tadalafil and works much like Viagra does to achieve a sustained erection.
- Cialis takes roughly 15 minutes to begin to work and is effective for up to 36 hours.
- Cialis can be taken with food.
- It is often considered to be more practical due to the extended effects and ability to eat normally.
- Cialis also comes in daily tablet form but can also be used on an as-needed basis.
- Has similar side effects to sildenafil/Viagra.
- Cialis can be taken as 2.5, 5, 10, and 20mg tablets.
- Levitra is also known by the name vardenafil.
- This medication works in the same way as Cialis and Viagra.
- It is an orange pill with Bayer written on one side and the mg strength written on the other.
- Levitra takes approximately 30 minutes to an hour to work.
- It is faster than Viagra but slower to work than Cialis.
- Levitra effects last for approximately 10 hours after taking it.
- Those taking this medication often suffer less side effects than with other erectile dysfunction medications.
- Levitra comes as 5, 10 or 20mg tablets.
- Spedra is also known by the name avanafil.
- This medication works in much the same way as sildenafil, tadalafil, and vardenafil.
- Spedra is a yellow pill which is oval in shape and carries the word Vivus on one side and the mg strength on the other.
- This drug works in as little as 15 minutes but effects are more commonly felt in 20 to 30 minutes.
- Spedra lasts for approximately 4 to 5 hours after taking it, making it similar to Viagra.
- This medication has a short duration of action in comparison to Levitra or Cialis.
- This product is fairly new to the erectile dysfunction list of medications and was approved in 2013.
- This drug is thought to be about as safe as Viagra with similar side effects of all three other medications listed. Not much is yet known about its long term use as it has only been on the market for a few years.
- Spedra can be taken after eating but this may slow the effects so it is recommended to take it on an empty stomach for it to be its most effective in as short a time frame possible.
- Spedra usually is taken as 100mg tablets.
As with most medications, Cialis, Viagra, Spedra, and Levitra are usually begun on the smallest dosage possible and then increased over time. This will help you find the best dosage possible with the fewest chances of side effects. Dosages may be increased as necessary. As with all drugs, there is no one drug that is best for everyone but Viagra is the most popularly prescribed and has been around the longest so its effects are well studied.
Spedra and Viagra are great for men who prefer not to have the drug effective in their system for extended period, while Levitra seems to have the least number of recorded side effects. The best drug to use for erectile dysfunction is entirely dependent on an individual s personal requirements. While one medication may work fabulously for someone, it may have no effect on someone else. Specific health issues may make one drug the best option for one person and a bad idea for someone else.
All erectile dysfunction medication can cause health problems for those who have suffered a heart attack or stroke in the past 6 months. People who have been prescribed nitrates for cardiovascular disease should not take Viagra, Cialis, Spedra, or Levitra as they can interfere with your heart.
In addition to these medications, it is important that those suffering from erectile dysfunction attempt to live as healthy a lifestyle as possible. Reduced stress levels and improved blood circulation may be achieved by adding regular exercise to your daily life and may increase the effectiveness of Levitra, Spedra, Cialis, and Viagra, or may make maintaining an erection a drug free possibility. Reducing and quitting smoking will also go a long way to improve blood flow to the penis and increase these medications desired effects. Finally, these medications are not intended to cause arousal. They are used to help achieve an erection and to extend erection time when sexual arousal and excitement are already present but when health or emotional factors may cause difficulty maintaining an erection.